First Time Passport
Passport & Document Solutions
You will have to apply for a new or first time passport if:
- You never had a passport before
- Or if your most recent passport Had been issued to you More than 15 years ago
- Or had been issued to you Before your 16th birth day
- Or it is damaged, mutilated, lost or otherwise not accessible.
Take advantage of our expedited passport and visa processing!
Get a Free Consultation Today
Call: (310) 441-1413
1. Begin the online DS-11 application by clicking the ONLINE APPLICATION
- Check the box and click continue to begin the application.
- Choose the "Apply for a Passport Book" option
- Fill in all the starred fields.
- On the final page, click the "Create Form" link and print your application.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Do not sign the application! You must do so in the presence of a passport acceptance agent.
2. Fill out the Authorization form by clicking the "AUTHORIZATION FORM" then print and sign two copies.
3. Get two recent passport photos which must fit the following requirements:
- Photographs must be 2 x 2 inches in size, taken within the past 6 months.
- The image size from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head should be between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches.
- Must be color photographs
- They must be full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background.
- Photographs should be taken without a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline.
- Sunglasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons.
- Home made Digital photographs are not acceptable
Have proof of US citizenship. This can be any of the following:
- Certified Birth Certificate - Issued by the County or State Health Department or Bureau of Vital Statistics. Hospital birth certificates are not accepted. For assistance in getting a Birth Certificate, please click here.
- Consulate record of birth abroad
- Certificates of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship
- Previous expired U.S. passport - issued over 15 years ago or issued when you were under the age of 16
- Please note: when renewing passports for minors under age 15, both previous passport and original birth certificate should be submitted.
Have proof of travel. Can be either an itinerary or airline tickets or a Company letter.
Take the above documents to your closest Passport Acceptance Agent*. Inform them you are going through a private agency for a Hand Carry Application, have the agent watch you sign the DS-11 application, watch them sign the back of one of your pictures befor stapling it in the box located on the form as well as sign date and stamp the proper space on the Application DS-11, and watch them place all of your paperwork into an envelope they will seal and stamp. Get the envelope back, and ship or deliver it to us with the second copy of the Authorization Form outside the envelope. You will need to pay the government fee (One Check for each application Payable to the US Dept. of State) of $170 ($140 for children under 16) and an additional $25 execution fee to the Acceptance Agency. Note: A valid ID will be required at the Passport Acceptance Agency.Call for mailing and payment instructions.
For minors under the age of 16, in most cases both parents as well as the child need to be present at the time of the execution of the documents. If only one parent is present, the absent parent must sign and notarize the following form: STATEMENT OF CONSENT FORM FOR LOST OR STOLEN PASSPORTS, the following application must also be completed: DS-64
If you are in our local area and want to visit our offices to submit the paperwork, please call us to arrange your appointment. Otherwise please contact us to receive information about how we can accommodate you by mail.